Always follow the directions on the product label for proper deicer use. Do not over-apply deicer, especially near entryways. Use effective entrance mats that absorb and trap snowmelt, slush or residual deicer. If residual deicer is tracked onto hard floors, it should be cleaned up with warm, fresh water as soon as possible. For example, soak a mop or towel in fresh water, wipe the surface and dry thoroughly. If a bucket is used for rinsing the mop or towel, the water in the bucket should be changed out frequently for best results.
Articles in this section
- What is spalled concrete?
- Can MELT Calcium Chloride Crystals that have caked be made usable again?
- Is calcium chloride safe for use near grassy areas and other vegetation?
- How should packages of MELT Calcium Chloride Crystals be stored?
- Is MELT safe on all surfaces?
- Are MELT Calcium Chloride Crystals safe for sidewalks and concrete surfaces?
- What temperature do MELT Calcium Chloride Crystals melt to?
- What is the best way to use MELT Calcium Chloride Crystals?
- What are the active ingredients in MELT Calcium Chloride Crystals?
- What are the recommendations for cleaning carpets that have been tracked with dirt, grime and residual deicer?