The iON18SB is equipped with a 750 W brushless motor. Without going into an engineering lesson, brushless motors are smarter, more powerful and more efficient than their old school brushed cousins. So when comparing cordless devices, you can’t just compare voltage. A lower voltage brushless motor is far better than a higher voltage, old school brushed motor. So a new cordless unit with a brushless motor will mean that it can perform better and last longer on a charge than a comparable unit with a traditional cordless motor.
Articles in this section
- Will the Snow Blower Cover model SJCVR fit this item?
- Will this unit come with a battery and charger?
- How do I assemble my iON18SB Cordless Snow Blower?
- Where can I find the 'safety key' on my iON18SB?
- How long does the battery for my Snow Joe iON18SB Snow Blower take to charge?
- How does a brushless motor compare to a traditional motor with brushes?
- What is the best measurement of a lithium-ion battery pack’s performance? How does the Snow Joe + Sun Joe EcoSharp 40 V 4.0 Ah lithium-ion battery pack (model iBAT40) compare to other lithium-ion battery packs in the market?
- How long will the battery in my Snow Joe iON18SB Snow Blower run for?
- Can the EcoSharp 40 V 4.0 Ah battery pack (model iBAT40) and the EcoSharp PRO 40 V 5.0 Ah battery pack (model iBAT40XR) be used interchangeably with all iON tools?
- How to achieve greater throw distance? / My iON is not throwing the snow very far.